Advance collaboration efforts that promote tech health of the region.
NEW Digital Alliance is the primary authority on IT/Digital Technology growth in Northeast Wisconsin.
- Create a digital presence and job board to create awareness of digital and IT jobs, and provide tools and information for students, influencers, and employers.
- Develop a marketing strategy and communication plan to drive awareness of digital and IT careers and the NEW Digital Alliance.
- Develop regional IT and digital job fair for high school and college age students, as well as adult career changers.
Since the NEW Digital Alliance was founded, we have seen:
- Increased awareness of the digital and IT talent shortage, and challenges in closing the gap among area companies as a result of the northeast Wisconsin Educational Resource Alliance economic survey.
- Increased energy and collaboration among companies and educational institutes around solving the digital and IT talent gap.
- Development of innovative programs that connect and inspire students and professionals to develop the skills they need to become the problem solvers of today and tomorrow.
- Development of 1+3 programs where high school students complete one full year of college credit while in high school, allowing them to complete a bachelor’s degree in a specific IT or computer science major in three years.
- Development of 2+2 educational pathways that allow technical college students in specific IT or computer science programs to transfer to a participating university and complete a bachelor’s degree in an additional two years.
- Introduction of TEALS (Technology Literacy and Education in Schools) (link: https://www.tealsk12.org), which is a Microsoft initiative that pairs IT professionals with classroom teachers to help teach computer science curriculum in high schools. Northeast Wisconsin is the first region in the state to adopt this program.